Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:04 am

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:38 pm 
SAGA Recruit

Hello,

I played SAGA yeeaaaars ago under a different name. I am returning to play "single-player style". To be quite frank, the reason I wanted to play again was because I saw that credits are obtainable through quests. I understand that the population is virtually non-existent, and that is OK with me.

Questions:

-I read somewhere that a mysterious benefactor gave a breath of financial life to the game in 2016. Is that still going on? Are the servers at risk of shutting down soon?

-Which quests are best to farm credits with?

-Are there any guilds still playing? I wouldn't mind getting that sweet guild resource bonus.

-Tournaments were one of the best additions to the game. Are there groups that still do them, perhaps on the weekends?

-I noticed unit do not need resurrected anymore. Is this correct?

-Anything else I should know about?

Thanks ahead of time.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:33 pm 
Silverlode Interactive
Silverlode Interactive

That is a great attitude haha. To answer your first question. The game made enough last year to pay for a few more years. Now the big question is whether it is worth keeping on for the handful of active players. I aM prepared to keep it running though so it's really up to out supreme leader, the pres of Silverlode Interactive.

As for resurrections, if it's not working then it's a bug but it's fine with me. Resurrection does not begin until level 10 so maybe that's what you're experiencing.

And as for tournaments, I wouldn't consider it possible unless you round up a group and schedule it, which would be a lot of fun.

Thanks for coming back to play that's awesome! I hope you enjoy your mostly single player experience!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:12 pm 
SAGA Recruit

Ayrik,

Thanks for the reply. Financially it probably isn't worth it to keep the game up for a handful of players. I saw that you recently got added to steam though, so that is pretty awesome.

Also just looked up the steam charts. 0.3 players as an average. Yikes! Have you considered maybe organic marketing through platforms like reddit? I feel like this game is a hidden gem that people just aren't aware of. With the totally free gameplay now, and the very well designed and free tournaments I feel that there could be a revival.

The resurrection part is likely due to my low level nation. Forgot about that. Follow on question: is 35 still the max level? I saw someone that was 39 when I did /who.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:25 am 
Silverlode Interactive
Silverlode Interactive

Yeah it would be nice to get some marketing going on, but honestly, we've been down that road before, and while it does help, it's a lot of work for very little gain. The game is mainly up for people like you, who understand it's basically a single player experience now.

So, realistically, we rely on our players to spread the word and get people interested. Me talking about the game is not nearly effective as someone (not a dev) who loves the game, explaining to others why they love it and why others should love it too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:57 am 
SAGA Recruit

Is "Saga 2" still in production? I vaguely remember something about a development of a remake.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:49 pm 
Silverlode Interactive
Silverlode Interactive

Well, since it's just me here I can't justify working on it because I'd never be able to finish it. I was working on it a lot a while ago, but it doesn't make sense to put all my time into it until I can work on it full-time. So I'll be working on some smaller titles to get some sort of indie dev status and then try to get some funding from a publisher or angel investors to finish my big dream games :o

I'm getting pretty close to releasing my first full-fledged title. Maybe 6-8 months or so. I was originally going to make it SAGA/Mythica themed but I decided to go with my own IP. Hopefully it will do well enough to justify a sequel or some other side project game development until I can go full-time!

Anyway, rambling complete.

Offline Profile