Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:58 pm

Post subject: Suggestions
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:38 pm 
SAGA Trooper

finaly, i found the way in here ^^
i hope i can explain everything well, as some of you know, my english is not perfect. I have a few suggestions for events and maybe content for saga 2.

Events:

Negative Auction

all players online will wait for the signal, then all will whisper a number to the GM. The lowest number which is called only one time, will win.

If the players calling 1/2/3/4/5...the one who called 1 will win.
If the number 1 is called twice but the number 2 only once, the 2 will win.

and so on. The "numbers" are the offers in gold.

Game Knowlegde

GM asking questions about the game, the one who answers the fast, will win

Back To The Roots Tournament

all players who will join this, will fight in a scrimmage battle. could be 1 vs 1 2 vs 2 and so on. All will fight ONLY with Units, all players had on the beginning. Human Archers, Behemoth etc.

Winner/Winner Team will get a special reward

Guild Contest

each guild will get a chance to win a surprise by being the most active guild in 1/2/3 or maybe 4 weeks. All they have to do is to tell their mates to be online. GM will check the activitiy and give the reward after the event is finished.

Double XP Promotion

Server will get Double XP for a duration of X if we get a population of X each day. Tell all the people you know about saga, bring back old players or bring some new.

Level UP Gratulations

maybe something that could help new players to stay and play. Many players dont likes it, to have to cash in money for ingame stuff. On the one hand, the game needs money to keep running, on the other hand, many players will run away because of the pay to win style. With Events or Configurations, it should be possible to make Saga more interesting to a wider public.

Example:

on level 10/20/30/40 each Nation will earn something, that´s the "Level UP Gratulations" ! Could be Spells, Ressources, or Promotion Stuff like "30 Days Warg Riders". They can use that stuff 30 days, if they like it, maybe they will buy boosters and packs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Heros

Nature --> Margo the Beastmaster (special/melee/mounted/sword/leather)

Heroic Aura: increase attack speed and damage of allied by X%
Natures Call: summons 2 Behemoth with the same level of Margo.

Light --> Sanctus the Priest (special/ranged/Infantry/Staff/Cloth)
Heroic Aura: increase the Power of all heal or heal effects by X%
Heavens Bless: heals nearby allied troops by X hitpoints in X range

Machine --> Gordon the Engineer (special/infantry/melee/mace/chain)
Heroic Aura: all allied machines moves X% faster
Armor Penetration: for X seconds all ranged machine units gain +X damage

War --> Bordak the Scarface (special/melee/mounted/lance/chain)
Heroic Aura: all allied orc units gain +X% AR and +X% DR
Power of the Horde: all nearby enemys in a range of X takes X damage

Magic --> Targon the Spellcaster (special/ranged/infantry/staff/cloth)
Heroic Aura: reduce damage of spells casted on allies by X%
Meteor: summons a few mighty fireballs on all nearby enemys and deals X damage

Undead --> Valcyra the Unholy Swordmaiden (special/melee/infantry/sword/plate)
Heroic Aura: leeches slowly health of nearby enemys and heals Valcyra
Will of the Misstress: kills instand an nearby random allied troop/unit to heal Valcyra for X hitpoints

Great Dragon/Dragon Breeder

still special but nothing new, right...but...
i was thinking about a new way to get them and open the way for something bigger, that could be aviable trough Booster Packs.

All quests give a x% chance to get a "Dragon Egg". You can put the egg on a new building (Dragon Breeder for example) and get an other x% chance to get a "Baby Great Dragon". If someone got that luck and get a baby, he can spend a lot of food to let it grow up. (maybe with a hidden timer the dragon will need to grow)

Could be a good way to give some long time motivation while hunting the eggs.

the "Dragon Breeder" could be a way to upgrade the normal faction dragons with ressources. Examples:

green/gold/red/black/Shadow dragons

Deep Breath --> Increase the damage of AoE effect (doesnt matter for Shadow Dragons)
Godly Scales --> Increase DR
Target Practice --> Increase AR

Shadow Dragon:

Unbroken Will --> Increase the heal effect

Machine Nation could get a different way to make their Zepellin stronger, like "Workshop" or something.

that´s it for the moment, hope you enjoy my english :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Options (ESC Menu)

Resume
Options
Saga Store
Report Bug
Log Out
Exit

that´s what we got at the moment. I would appreciate to add "Nation Select", an option to get straight to the nation select. Each time we have to log out and log in again, thats annoying.

Auction House

We need definitely...
...a button to cancel all active trades with one click !
...a higher stack for ressources !
...the possibility of finding "Booster Packs" on the AH, not only ressources, spells and troops !

Gear Trade

An option to trade looted gear to other players. Maybe a kind of extended auction house, where the player can trade it to other people.

Territories

i would appreciate the possibility to get manashards, even if the territories got no keep. For example:

Territories without Keep:

decreased mana shard production -> 50% less

Territories with Keep:

Full mana shard production -> 100%

That´s a way to play "friendly", but you can still get shards to optimize your gear. And of course it´could be finaly a way, to dodge hardcore raider, i remeber player raiding all they can and forced people to crash their keeps and stoped their production.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elite Upgrade for Units

Would love the possibility to make our level 10 units "Elite"
Elite Units will get additional:

+5% AR
+5% DR
+5% damage
10% cooldown reduction for activ skills

Will cost resources, since most high level players got tons of it and don´t know what to do with it. Names will change to "Elite Human Pikemen" for example.

-More Slots while sending a mail (2 is very annoying)
-Nation names behind or on activ trades. Would like to see who is trying to scam other players. (Like 25k gold for 1 Great Dragon)
-Gear-Sets (2 of the same type will grand better and/or exclusive stats)

Tower Defense Map

simple idea, huge fun.

Players have to defend 1 Keep protected by walls and towers. Difficult rises by each incoming wave, the longer you defend, the more difficult it becomes, the greater the rewards which drops. Before you get defeated, the player can leave the map trough portal, like the trigger on stalling tactics.

to be continued.... :)

Last edited by FMJ on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:55 am, edited 7 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Suggestions
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:12 am 
SAGA Moderator
SAGA Moderator

Thanks for your ideas! I may use some of those:). If i do i will give you a free faction unit for your Idea. Please keep posting whenever you have more ideas. You will be compensated for anything used and would help to make the events better.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:32 am 
SAGA Recruit

Good ones FMJ:)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm 
SAGA Trooper

thanks for the positive response, i will post everything i got in mind or what will come in mind, that´s for sure. For a better overview, i will edit my first post each time i got something for you.

greetings :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:15 pm 
SAGA Moderator
SAGA Moderator

Sounds great thank you!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:30 am 
SAGA Team Member
SAGA Team Member

I am definitely considering some of these ideas. Thank you for taking the time to post them!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:51 am 
SAGA Trooper

no need to say thanks, i like the game and hope you guys keep running it

btw
first post got an update

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:18 am 
SAGA Trooper

Looks good FMJ, lots of them too. :)

If I may add one, I think this would be neat also:

Completionist awards:

Tier 1 Bronze: Complete all quests on "Bronze" difficulty levels 1-20.
Tier 2 Bronze: Complete all quests on "Bronze" difficulty 20 onward.

Tier 1 Silver: Complete all quests on "Silver" difficulty levels 1-20.

I think you get the idea. Not sure what the reward would be, maybe something simple like resource for the easy ones, maybe some (not many) SAGA creds from the silver ones, and a booster or two from Golds.

Or it could be something more simple like an exclusive vanity item for your nation or something, who knows.

Not sure if SAGA Kingdoms will be the same as SAGA as far as levels, but hte idea is levels 1-half, Half-Onward.

Just wanted to add that, thanks.

~Mach

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:02 am 
SAGA Recruit

:D Hello to all fellow Generals and the amazing Saga staff.

I have been playing strategy-rpg-and tactical games for 27 years-and finding a game where the mechanics of it seem to be tailored to what most players want without the commercial garbage most so called mainstream designers "think" we want.It was a hard search.Finding this game for me was like finding a diamond in a giant heap of coal and because of this Saga 2 will truly be a challenge for the staff to match the original.I have a few suggestions and I hope that my influence brought on by years of gaming experiance can be of some use.Many of the suggestions I have read from other players falls in line with my thinking as well.Here are some others.

1) A non player "rogue style" race.Controlled by Saga staff who enjoy playing these armys can have certain nights in which they are a "threat" to players who are currently online and wish to participate.Of course defeating them should be worthy of good gear and perhaps even a "rogue" card as they will be difficult battles indeed!

2) Selectable "perks" for troops instead or with there core abilitys-Making squads more unique.

3)More Villians.Players love to hate villians.Perhaps an "ultimate" villian who can be a threat to very high level players.Either CPU or staff controlled.

4)That dragon egg suggestion was a good one-perhaps other buildings that have a weekly chance to "spawn" an uncommon faction card either randomly or set.The buildings could be themselfs a "booster pack ultra-rare"

5)The speed at which the game plays needs to remain the same-as it is its not to slow-not to fast-please don't make it like the 757,456,345,234 other "clone-Mob-em-cuz-theres no-time-for strategy-input" games out there-its perfect as it is.

6)Introduce new unit types frequently-either monthly or bimonthly.Even special events which introduce new races on a quarterly basis would be great.Wondering what armies loom over the horizan keeps things interesting.

7) A HYDRA (lol sorry had to add that-I love those beasties)

8)A reptillian race.They should be arrogant considering themselves to be above other races because they are both male and female in one.This could give them the impression that they are most like the gods and the most advanced race.

Ill do some mythology research and add more ideas as they come to me.yeah sorry I'm so long winded.May the Gods of War favor you all!

Mid

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:15 pm 
SAGA Moderator
SAGA Moderator

Thanks for all the great ideas! Keep them coming. This game will be shaped mostly by what the players want and what is actually functional.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:25 am 
SAGA Recruit

Some more Ideas- (some were from other people i will give credit where due)

Army Race Ideas-

Barbarians-Popular army type which can have units like berzerkers,shamans-tigers-swift horsearchers ect-many variations can be used such as an asian style mongol horde,a conan the barbarian savage style army,or the demon worshiping self destructive evil type (you know the spikey helmeted warlord with pacts with dark forces) the later is my personal favorite in style

An Eastern based force-Based on the samurai with ninjas-swordsmaster-and oriental style dragons.Drop the ninjas in the mix and we regulars will have plenty of fan-boys to beat up

A winged army for the good guys-Imagine-Winged units that can loot and capture buildings-best choice for this would be an angelic army with lesser and greater Archangels-cherubs-Unicorns-and a Metatron for there uber-unit.If this Idea is accepted I wanna read the hatemail :P

A demon army for the other side (for balance reasons haha more hatemail!!! but happy fans as well!)

A comical army would be a nice touch-others have used goblins,gnomes and fairys for comic relief-I say a halfling army would be funny.gettin trashed by a halfing berzerker or halfling Kamikaze paratroopers would make me run for boosters in anger!

Lastly,one army I thought of myself could be based on a real life cult that once existed where these nutjob monks thought that there was only so much pain in the world so they threw themselves into suicidal situations to take the suffering themselfs-there units could include lashers-berzerkers-and weird war machines fashioned after torture devices.

Other ideas

Ocean battles and on the water battles and units-this was not my idea but belongs to Slyrix-and this Idea rocks!!! Galleys,water serpents,mermaids-a port in the town err....HYDRA (ehem found a way to slip that in again hehe)

Allied troops-a small amount of pnts that can be spent on faction troops from another on your own side (example-525 CP total at lv 15 could buy 30 of that from dark elves or orcs even tho they are undead)The main reason for this is some player may like hell hound riders but nothing else in that army so rather then play a whole new nation for one troop type they could get that and still play undead.I know theres a similar feature but this means ANY unit on there side (light gets light dark gets ...ahhh you get it lol)Maybe a "booster" building could be an embassy which allows this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:42 pm 
SAGA Trooper

The suggestions I've seen so far really rock. I'm interested in also seeing something with a bit of a twist to it. We had some really good things with DarkTide and I was hoping that a lot of the good there would find its way into this next version of SAGA - though I'm not sure it will make it in the first cut due to all the complexity and of course the possible problems from the buyer of DarkTide that killed it from production - hated loosing my cash there.

Elvindore

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:25 pm 
SAGA Moderator
SAGA Moderator

I would like to see water become a main resource. It could be used for many different things including poisoning an enemy, increasing production rates, incresing troop marches if thats a part of the game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:17 pm 
SAGA Recruit

Other Ideas-

Hero Titles=
Maybe start at Grunt/peasant or something and rise in rank-This could affect the gear they can wear-IE captains gear,Generals gear prince gear-you get the Idea.Maybe titles could also affect the amount of troops they may have in there unit rather then a set CP.Someone with a Bandit title and 8 troops would not nearly be as dreaded as a hero with "Epic General"title with 20.

Plots- Maybe nations could have special cards for 1-time-only in battle schemes such as causing temporary status affects ext to other armys.This should be something very hard to come by tho

Back to titles-Maybe elite titles from super-hard quests allowing heroes to use unique troops available only to the hero who has earned it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:45 am 
SAGA Recruit

More thoughts (as they come)

1) Not my idea (belongs to Obelisk) But alot of people have been talking about his "water as a main resource" idea,very popular thought he's got there.People I have talked about this all say its a must-and goes well with slyrix's idea that navy-style battles should be added (say it with me now....W-a-t-e-r-h-y-d-r-a!!!!

2)Strategically placed healing nodes.These could be captured or independent.Would make a great in-battle resource to be aqquired and would add even more depth to the already awesome pvp battles.NPC armys could (and should) use them against players as well-and we could spend the CP on non healing units and still stand up to units with them.

3) Don;t remember if I said this one-but a "general" main character.Rather then army levels his level could take that spot-This "main" could even have rpg style classes,but to keep him from stealing all the thunder and turning this into "Saga-the who's hero is stronger" edition his skillset and stats should affect the army "leader style" rather then "My hero can throw a meteor and wipe out all enemys.If this main is fieldable there could be items to aquire for him (maybe hard to get boosters) Like mounts rings gear ect.

4)A larger CP count for more massive battles (in the begining maybe 2 times the current way)

4) Saga is already so close to perfect its really hard to think of additions-best fourth idea I can think of now is maybe a Hydra-Milking station.Yes.I would milk a Hydra if thats what it took to see one added.Other then that you guys got this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:56 pm 
SAGA Trooper

hi guys,

its been a while since i was playing but im still around here, visit the forums and wating for news.

im glad that other people throw in there input too, this community is unbreakable. In the next few days i take some time to post new stuff and by the way, if you need any help in any way, let me know.

I can translate english into german, i know there are many german guys like me out there, looking and waiting for a good RTS. Saga is a good RTS, the people just need to know that.

greetings

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:45 pm 
SAGA Trooper

updated, have fun ;)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:24 pm 
SAGA Trooper

FMJ,

Love those new additions - I think you have some ideas that are already being considered - but great to see the posting - who knows .....

Elvindore

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:57 am 
SAGA Trooper

added some new suggestions, have fun

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:21 am 
SAGA Trooper

GOOD JOB!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:16 pm 
SAGA Team Member
SAGA Team Member

Hello! Just wanted to follow up that we are doing a double EXP weekend. I am looking for possibilities that we can script in additional rewards to meeting certain milestones in leveling like those described in "Level UP Gratulations" in the first post.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:38 am 
SAGA Trooper

Deszeraeth wrote:
Hello! Just wanted to follow up that we are doing a double EXP weekend. I am looking for possibilities that we can script in additional rewards to meeting certain milestones in leveling like those described in "Level UP Gratulations" in the first post.

+plus 1 so you mean each level up they can receive certain awards.... nice, it would be great! that will motivate those players...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:58 pm 
SAGA Team Member
SAGA Team Member

It will likely not be at each level, but rather certain goal points. Example being like 10, 20, 30, and 40.

Also moving this topic to the new forum section "Bugs & Suggestions".

Offline Profile