Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:27 pm

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:05 pm 
SAGA Trooper

I downloaded the steam version of saga yesterday, because the non steam saga client no longer works (the sagapatcher never connects to the update server, nor downloads the patch, it gets stuck there).

I tried the saga steam client with my 4g internet connection, using ethernet cable, no wifi... saga worked continuously for hours, though there were some crashes to desktop and disconnects in that time, which is normal for saga. these crashes were in battles though, again this is usual for me to have this happen over the years i have played.

I set all of my saga settings to lowest / off, multithreading is enabled etc. this did not stop the usual sagacrashes as id hoped it would, but thats not the main issue now.

i slept and around 6 hours later i restarted my pc, logged into steam, opened saga.. i enter username and password it gets past this, i click to enter nation, it does... but every single time i have tried running saga in the last 30 minutes when the loading bar comes along at the city screen, some way through this saga crashes to desktop (this loading bar has never completed), there is nothing to say saga crashed, no message box asking you to debug or close saga. NOTE in the last 30 minutes of trying i havent used my 4g internet connection at all,... instead i turned my laptops wifi connection on, connected to the wireless router (different to my 4g router, and which is a broadband wired connection to street) and tried saga. i can otherwise surf the internet fine on this wifi and the other 4g connection. I have not tried my 4g connection again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:10 am 
Silverlode Interactive
Silverlode Interactive

Elrandor your emails are bouncing I can't reply. The crash was not happening a few days ago but I am experiencing it too. It must be something about Steam. I may have to update the Steam integration.

I'm looking into this. Please be patient.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:16 am 
SAGA Trooper

i will be patient thx ayrik.

i received your last email stating i am the only one with the problem i emailed you about.

no idea why emails to me are bouncing, i just mailed myself and it worked.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:19 pm 
Silverlode Interactive
Silverlode Interactive

A new installer has been uploaded! Head over to www.playsaga.com/downloads.php to get it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:47 pm 
SAGA Trooper

Hi ayrik, i went to www.playsaga.com/downloads.php

I clicked on DRM free SAGA, which took me to here...

http://www.playsaga.com/sagainstaller.exe

but that page gave me a bluehost error...

404 Error File Not Found
The page you are looking for might have been removed,
had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:54 pm 
Silverlode Interactive
Silverlode Interactive

Fixed. Thanks for letting me know!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:56 pm 
Silverlode Interactive
Silverlode Interactive

Also, I fixed the regular patcher. Turns out the web service on the new server had a config issue that only cropped up upon me rebooting the machine.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:03 pm 
SAGA Trooper

Ayrik, I dont understand why, but i just tried the steam version of saga with my wifi connection (not my 4g connection) and i was able to log in, select nation and both times the city screen loaded fully and i was able to move the screen around the city, select buildings etc.. there was no crash to desktop during city screen load at all.. tho i have not tested this enough to rule the problem resolved. Its odd because saga didnt need updating, it didnt update - i would know as i have saga set to only update when it is run, so i guess you didnt add a steam patch for saga... so you didnt do anything? wierd.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:06 pm 
Silverlode Interactive
Silverlode Interactive

No I did nothing....But I'm glad it's working for you. Let me know if you have further issues with it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:07 pm 
SAGA Trooper

Hi ayrik, i just went to http://www.playsaga.com/downloads.php

I clicked on DRM free SAGA, and i can confirm the link works now and the saga installer is downloading...

when it has downloaded i will test out the non steam saga client and report back to see if the patcher issue is resolved.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:08 pm 
SAGA Trooper

ok...

my download of the saga installer with my wifi connection failed because its not a great connection, sometimes it drops out.

i opened the existing non steam version of saga, this time the patcher did connect and patch itself. it opened saga, i logged in, chose nation and got to my city screen where i could move about - no crash, it works though ive not tested much in game.

i switched to my 4g internet, downloaded new saga installer, it downloaded fine, though took a while. i uninstalled current non steam saga client, deleted remains of saga folder in program files 86. i installed the new non steam saga client, ran it - it patched fine, i logged in etc.. got into city screen - no crash.

so now i seemingly have two working versions of saga installed, steam and non steam. i dont know which one is best to further test, may go with the steam version since i had the crashes to desktop with that and it seems ayrik and brutal prodigy did too.

thx for your help ayrik.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:11 pm 
Silverlode Interactive
Silverlode Interactive

Hey thanks for all your help testing Elrandor. I forgot to mention, you can also download the 1.50.1 to 1.51.0 updater at www.playsaga.com/patches as usual. I just put it up today along with the main installer.

Offline Profile